iOS 5.1 is now available for download. Interesting that my iPhone did not show there was an update, even though it notified me last time. Hit me back with what’s wrong with my configuration setting if you can!
Thanks to Apple, here are the Release Notes
This update contains improvements and bug fixes, including:
- Japanese language support for Siri (availability may be limited during initial rollout)
- Photos can now be deleted from Photo Stream (yay!!!)
- Camera shortcut now always visible on Lock Screen for iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and iPod touch (4th generation)
- Camera face detection now highlights all detected faces
- Redesigned Camera app for iPad
- Genius Mixes and Genius playlists for iTunes Match subscribers
- Audio for TV shows and movies on iPad optimized to sound louder and clearer
- Podcast controls for playback speed and a 30 second rewind for iPad
- Updated AT&T network indicator
- Addresses bugs affecting battery life
- Fixes an issue that occasionally caused audio to drop for outgoing calls
Do let us know what this update does for you, particularly around battery life. I long for the days when a once a week charge of the phone would be sufficient. As phones have got smarter, they have also got a lot more demanding.